Social Media Guru Wanted for Mungy’s Summer Internship
Mungy is looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern Guru to join our team for 10 weeks of awesomeness. This fully remote position will give you the opportunity to work from anywhere in the universe while helping to build and execute Mungy’s social media campaigns. As an intern, you are expected to have access to a smartphone and laptop with internet access. Experience managing an Instagram and/or LinkedIn account other than your personal one is preferred, and a major in Marketing, Social Media Management, or a similar field is also preferred.
At Mungy, we handcraft digital experiences for brands that want to deliver on their purpose and add value to those they serve. Our creative studio helps clients with everything from foundational brand voice and identity to websites, e-commerce, and SEO. We aim to inspire and feel incredibly grateful when partnering with clients. Our superpower is merging strategy and design to present your brand to your audience as the guide to solving their challenges.
Are you a social media fanatic who loves creating engaging and shareable content? Do you have a passion for marketing and storytelling? As a Social Media Marketing Intern Guru at our creative services studio, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your creative muscles while taking on new challenges. You’ll get to collaborate with some pretty cool people (if we do say so ourselves) and learn from small business founders, while helping to build and execute Mungy’s social media campaigns that engage, inform, and inspire our target audience.
- Work directly with the founders to brainstorm and develop creative campaigns for the business
- Create engaging and shareable social media content (text, images, and video) for various social media platforms: Instagram (+Facebook), LinkedIn and possibly TikTok
- Monitor social media channels and engage with audiences in real-time
- Analyze social media metrics and create reports to track campaign performance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends and best practices
- Ability to focus and perform tasks while being anywhere you want in the world
- Strong writing skills and a knack for storytelling
- Proficiency in social media platforms and management tools
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or other graphic design software is a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to take on new challenges
- A good sense of humor
- A1 communication skills or at least in the process of developing them
- Work from anywhere in the universe for the summer, as long as we can do video calls so we get the opportunity to be jealous once in a while
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment where everyone’s ideas are valued
- Hands-on experience working with small business founders
- Potential to meet other founders and leaders from a variety of industries
- The chance to learn from and work alongside Tom + Susanna. If you happen to feel like coming to our home office at all, you’ll get to enjoy Susanna’s New Zealand accent in person and possibly get to experience her incredible baked goods! Tom will happily take you for a hike as part of your work day to discuss strategy and life philosophy.
- $500 per week based on a 30 hour week
- Option to work up to 40 hours per week with additional compensation
- Flexible Fridays
- 10 week internship
- June 5 – Aug 11 2023
If you’re a social media savant (or one in the making) with an eye for creativity and a passion for marketing, we want you to join our team! Send us a sample social media post that you think would grab our attention when you apply, we can’t wait to see what you’ve got!