The Artist Book Foundation (TABF) was founded in 2012 as a fine art book publisher to celebrate visual artists with distinguished books, public programs, and focused exhibitions. TABF is looking for an intern to assist with social media, outreach, design work, and project research.
Please note: This position is only available for those who receive funding from university Internship Sponsorship Programs.
THE ARTIST BOOK FOUNDATION:
● Publishes, shares and preserves artists lives and work through monographs, catalogues raisonnés, surveys and exhibition catalogues
● Hosts exhibitions in their gallery of artists whose books have been published
● Coordinates events with major galleries and museums across the country
● Holds book launches, artist talks, presentations and panel discussions
● Collaborates with the MASS MoCA Education Department
● Donates 15% of each print run to underserved schools, public libraries and correctional centers across the United States
●TABF also has a sizable art book library that is available to artists, students, and scholars by appointment or during office hours
We have an exciting opportunity for a college student to intern during the Summer of 2023! This internship would be ideal for a student with a strong background/interest in art history, studio art, communications and/or publishing.
Interns will gain first-hand experience with: in-depth research, publication preparations, communications and marketing strategies, and an overall view of the inner workings of a nonprofit arts organization. An appreciation for arts education, museum relevance, books, and fine arts is a plus. The position requires a positive disposition, a creative nature, working knowledge of Google Suite, MailChimp, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus, and 35 hours of availability per week for approximately a 10 week period.
INTERN DUTIES INCLUDE:
● Content creation + collaboration for social media posts
● Identifying, writing, and coordinating content for monthly newsletters and announcements
● Research and cataloging of artist and publication information
● Assist with design of physical & digital promotional materials
● Data entry and organization
● Continued research on implementing and promoting our ebook collection
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & InDesign)
● Knowledge of Google Suite & MailChimp
● Experience crafting social media content