Located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, The Austen Riggs Center is a non-profit, vital therapeutic community, open psychiatric hospital, and institute for education and research. Our mission is to promote resilience and self-direction in those with complex psychiatric problems—to help people take charge of their lives. Our work is grounded in the conviction that an individual’s problems are inherently meaningful, that such problems are best understood in a social context, and that treatment leads to a more fulfilling life when the sources of suffering are addressed.
The HR & Business Office Intern will provide administrative support to the Finance and Human Resources departments. Candidates will gain hands-on experience in both fields of work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support recruiting and onboarding efforts.
- Help develop and build internal marketing materials and support guides for the Human Resources and Finance offices.
- Actively participate in the streamlining of processes and fully utilizing HRIS system.
- Conduct audits of HR files and records ensuring that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Support accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll by performing accounting and clerical tasks as needed.
- Perform digitization and archival projects as requested by the Directors of Finance and Human Resources.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take direction from multiple sources.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Compensation and Application:
This is a 30–40-hour internship, paying $17 per hour, available to start in June. The schedule will be Monday- Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Students interested should apply at Berkshire Interns and submit a cover letter and resume. Only students currently enrolled in college or a graduate program may apply.