Located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, The Austen Riggs Center is a non-profit, vital therapeutic community, open psychiatric hospital, and institute for education and research. Our mission is to promote resilience and self-direction in those with complex psychiatric problems—to help people take charge of their lives. Our work is grounded in the conviction that an individual’s problems are inherently meaningful, that such problems are best understood in a social context, and that treatment leads to a more fulfilling life when the sources of suffering are addressed.
The Culinary Intern will provide support to the Dietary department under the direction of the Executive Chef/Food Service Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist kitchen staff with the preparation of meals utilizing standardized recipes.
- Practice safe food handling techniques while maintaining proper sanitation procedures in accordance with ServSafe.
- Assist with the preparation of stocks, storing and labeling all food products in the patient pantry and servery i.e., temperature recording, rotation of food supplies and cleaning schedules while maintaining allergy awareness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Compensation and Application:
This will be a 30-40 hour internship paying $16 per hour available to start in June through August. This role will work Friday-Tuesday (but some flexibility would be possible for the right candidate.)
Students interested should apply at Berkshire Interns and submit a cover letter and resume. Only students currently enrolled in college or a graduate program may apply.