About the Employer:
Ensuring Berkshire County is a dynamic, engaged community with opportunities for all.
Berkshire United Way ignites the collective power of individuals and organizations to build a stronger community together. We magnify your contributions to make lasting, positive change right here in the Berkshires. We are committed to supporting individuals and strengthening families where we live, work and play. We are Here For Good.
Based on solid research, three areas impact a positive trajectory for today’s children and youth – parental education level, economic stability and overall health. Similarly, children’s education and healthy development are also powerful catalysts for parental thriving. Learn more about this two-generation approach through Annie E. Casey Foundation’s report on Creating Opportunities for Families. Together, you can help make changes that will shape this community moving forward.
We believe in the people of Berkshire County. Therefore, we value building relationships, collaboration, results-driven decision-making, recognition of success and ongoing innovation.
Berkshire United Way has long been recognized as being an integral part of Berkshire County. As our Community Impact intern, you will assist in supporting our funded partners, review and recommend additional funding opportunities, analyze community data, and provide recommendations for new partner convenings. This internship will collaborate with other departments, including fundraising and marketing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Data entry, report creation, spreadsheets and graphing of community impact progress
- Provide support to several community convenings as scheduled
- Strategic Plan – assist team in implementing Community Impact strategies as identified in new strategic plan
- Assist in the creation of new Request for Proposal process in 2024
- Collaborate on messaging and materials for development, fundraising, and other campaigns as needed, including community impact data, digital brochures, and other materials
- Current student currently studying Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Public Policy, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field in the Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Interest in nonprofits, Human Services
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Planning and time management skills with attention to detail
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets
- Must be reliable, a team player and willing to do other duties as assigned
Compensation and Application
The internship will run a full 10 weeks from early June to August. Will report to the Director of Community Impact.
Students interested should apply at Berkshire Interns and submit a cover letter and resume. Only students currently enrolled in college or a graduate program may apply.