Berkshire County Arc provides services for people with developmental disabilities, brain injuries, and other disabilities. The Agency serves more than 1,000 individuals and employs more than 750 people. This provides a wide range of marketing and communications opportunities and challenges.
Working with the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, the intern would work on video projects for the website, social media, TV monitors at various sites, presentations, and, ultimately TV commercials. The intern will be an independent worker and strive to:
- Conceive of video ideas that promote the Agency’s mission
- Work with the subjects to produce quality pieces
- Edit under the direction of the supervisor
- Produce profiles of employees to promote good work
- Produce profiles of Agency programs
- Help with other communications projects
The intern will receive an orientation to the structure and mission of Berkshire County Arc – Employment Services as well as an overview of Berkshire County Arc, the parent organization.
The Internship will be full time for 10 weeks at $15.00 per hour. (20 hours in our marketing department & 20 hours in our Family Support Department- where applicants will get 1:1 interactions with the individuals we support). The hours allow for some flexibility in scheduling but would typically take place within the time from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. The work period is from June to August.
Learning outcomes for Intern:
- Learn from the Communications Director interview techniques to draw compelling stories, and leave with a portfolio of videos.
- Learn how to distribute information and stories in numerous ways – through social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and more.
- Understand how to edit tightly and align message with Agency message
- Package the video for the website, or TV ad, or social media
The other 20 hours will be with The Advocacy Department. The intern will gain exposure to many aspects of working in the human services field, including theoretical and practical experiences.
The Advocacy Department Internship is estimated to be $15.00 per hour, which could consist of 10, 20-hour in person (Berkshire County) work weeks. The hours allow for some flexibility in scheduling, but would typically take place within the time from Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm. The work period is from June to August.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be some late night and weekend requirements of this position to meet the families we support needs. ALL APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION. Interns will go through the same onboarding/training process required of all BCArc Staff.
Any student interested in writing, graphic designing, producing video, or learning, is encouraged to apply. The intern is not expected to be fluent in all these areas, but interested in learning the craft of communications and/or marketing. A special interest in any one or two areas above would be expected.
Deadline: Resume will be accepted up to March 22, 2023, and must be electronically submitted.
Qualified students will be contacted by April via email regarding interviews.
You must submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in an internship with our business. Sample writing or design are welcome, but not required.