We are seeking an organized and detailed oriented nursing student to join our dynamic Health Center Team. Being a student nurse at camp will be one of the most rewarding and impactful summer jobs around. The Health Center team oversees the medical care of our campers throughout the entire summer, including those with unique situations such as allergies, chronic health issues, and those requiring regular medication.
Our resident health centers consist of a doctor, an infirmary manager, a team of registered nurses, and in some cases an EMT or Athletic Trainer.
- Provide routine and emergency care to under the guidance of a physician and other RNs.
- Triage and treatment of all campers and staff including basic first-aid, wound/skin care, care of fevers, sore throats, ear/eye infections and other pediatric illnesses, and orthopedic injuries
- Accompany campers and staff to off-site medical appointments
- Assist the physician during two daily sick call periods
- Current student enrolled in Nursing School or a college nursing program.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Experience working with children
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative
This position includes a competitive salary and includes complimentary housing, meals, access to all our facilities, and a travel stipend. Salary is commensurate with experience.
GreatCampJobs connects people seeking meaningful summer jobs and internships with unique opportunities to work at overnight camps. We partner with CampGroup’s 5 summer camps based in the Berkshires which are among the best camps in the United States.